The Aryabhatta Knowledge University Act, 2008
8. The Chancellor
(1) The Governor of Bihar, by virtue of his office, shall be the Chancellor of the University.
(2) The Chancellor shall have the right to cause an inspection, to be made by
Such person or persons as he may direct, of the Universty, a college or an institution affiliated by the University, their buildings, laboratories and equipment, and also of the examination, teaching and other work conducted or done by the University, college or institution, as the case may be, and to cause an inquiry to be made in the like manner in respect of any matter connected with the administration of finances of the University, college or institution, as the case may be.
(3) The Chancellor shall, in every case, give notice to the University or to the Governing Body of the colleges or institutions of his intention to cause an inspection or inquiry to be made and the University or the Governing Body, as the case may be, shall, on receipt of such notice, have the right to make such representation to the Chacnellor, as it may consider necessary, within such period as specified in the notice.
(4) After considering the representation, if any, made by the university or the Governing Body, the Chancellor may cause to be made such inspection or inquiry as is referred in sub-section (2).
(5) Where an inspection or inquiry has been caused to be made by the Chancellor, the University or the Governing Body shall be entitled to appoint a representative who shall have the right to be present and be heard at such inspection or inquiry.
(6) The Chancellor may address the Vice-Chancellor with reference to the result of such inspection or inquiry as is referred to in sub-section (2) and the Vice-Chancellor shall communicate to the Executive Council or Governing Body the views of the Chancellor with such advice as the Chancellor may be pleased to offer upon the action to be taken thereon.
(7) The Chancellor may, if the inspection or inquiry is made in respect of any college or institution admitted to the privileges of the University, address the Governing Body concerned through the Vice-Chancellor with reference to the result of such inspection or inquiry, his views thereon and such advice as the may be pleased to offer upon the action to be taken thereon.
(8) The Executive Council or the Governing Body, as the case may be, shall communicate through the Vice-Chancellor to the Chancellor such action, if any, as it proposes to take or has been taken by it upon the result of such inspection or inquiry.
(9) Where, the Executive Cuncil or the Governing Body, as the case may be, does not, within a reasonable time, take action to the satisfaction of the Chancellor, the Chancellor may, after considering any explanation furnished or representation made by the Executive Council or the Governing Body, issue such directions as he may think fit and the Executive Council or the Governing Body, as the case may be, shall comply with such directions.
(10) Without prejudice to the foregoing provisions of this Section, the Chancellor may, by order in writing, annul any proceeding of the University which is not in conformity with this Act, the Statutes or the Ordinances:
Provided that before making any such order, the Chancellor shall call upon the Registrar to show cause why such an order should not be made, and, if any cause is shown within a reasonable time, he shall consider the same.
(11) The Chancellor shall have such other powers as may be prescribed by the Statutes.